Have you wondered what those mails in your inbox are, which talk about a company or promote a product? Well those are in simple words Email Marketing mails. What exactly are email marketing mails? To understand that better, you have to understand the meaning of Email Marketing.
Email Marketing: A Means Of Online Promotion:
Email Marketing, according to Wikipedia Online Dictionary, is “a form of direct marketing, which uses electronic mail as a means of communicating commercial or fund-raising messages to an audience”. So, it is the practice of sending promotional emails to the general people or selected audience. Email Marketing helps businesses keep in touch with their present and prospective clients.
Every company needs to spend substantial amount of money and efforts to market their business and products but not at very high rates. What companies look out for is the most cost-effective way to advertise. Email Marketing has emerged like a blessing in disguise. Email Marketing is especially beneficial for small companies that cannot invest too much money in their advertising campaigns. Email Marketing is the most direct method of advertising- it works by sending mails directly to the inbox of the selected or random audience. It is a quick and easy way of advertising online.
Let us discuss the various advantages and disadvantages of Email Marketing:
- Cost-efficient – The most noteworthy advantage of email marketing is its cost-effectiveness. Email Marketing is the cheapest way of promoting your business or products. It requires no printing expenditure, just the cost of Email Marketing Software and fees of Email Service Provider.
- Wide Reach- Email Marketing has the advantage of having a wide reach. Unlike traditional media like television, radio or newspaper, Email Marketing is not just limited to a certain region. It can reach anywhere in the world with just the click of a mouse button.
- Quick Feedback- The recipients of the email marketing mail will immediately see the mail as soon as it enters their inbox. There is also a possibility of receiving immediate feedback. If the mail interests the recipient, he/she will promptly reply to it or forward it further.
- Personal Touch- Businesses can give a personal touch to their promotional mail. The personal touch in the email will attract the customers towards the products.
- Target Audience- Another great advantage of email marketing is that it can targeted at the selected audience. Businesses can choose the emails of those people to whom they want to send the emails or to those from whom they expect a positive reply.
The greatest disadvantage of email marketing would be that the promotional mail is sometimes saved in the folder named ‘Spam’. Many people simply delete all the mails in the spam folder without even glancing at them. So, if a mail enters the spam folder of an email, then there are ninety-nine percent chances of it being deleted without being read.
Though there are positives and negatives attached to everything, in the case of Email Marketing the positives stand out more brightly than the negatives. Keeping aside the disadvantages, Email Marketing can be rightly considered the most cost-efficient and effective form of advertising a business.