January 31, 2011
Excelling at convincing the buyer about your B2B sales proposition is half the task done. The other part, the most crucial one, is to recognize the right time to ask for business. Sure the buyer knows what benefits you are offering but he/she may have other doubts, alternatives and issues to consider before saying yes. But how exactly can you be confident that they are making the decision as you speak and to what extent they are agreeable? Well believe me, it’s no rocket science but there are major tell-tale signals that can alert you to start talking business and after reading this article you will know to identify them.
Queries And Comments Convey Interest
A lot of times sales people get confused when buyer starts asking them different questions to feel confident about their response. The best thing to do here is spot the detailed line of questions that are directed towards implementation of the solutions that you are offering. It is highly important that you guide them the right way to add to their plans.
Non-Verbal Signs: The Things Left Unsaid
Well, actually the customer is conveying many subtle yet important things here. A nod, a shrug or a positive smile, leaning towards the speaker….all of these are signs that the buyer is interested. It is up to you to interpret them rightly and elicit the verbal responses. When the buyer states something like- “Yes that can work” or “Okay, how quickly can this be done?” they are visualizing your offering as a part of their business.
When They Ask For More And More Details’
Most salespersons get irritated at this point when the buyer starts comparing other options. They retract thinking that the buyer is not satisfied when all they have to do is be more clear and confident. At times like these, the buyer may have already made the decision and just needs to be backed up with solid facts supporting it.
Bargaining: Your Signal To Be Alert
When the customer starts bargaining, then he is literally waving the green flag in your face. You are good to go! Make them feel special and aware that they are getting the best deal from you so plan ahead on what to say in this phase.
These signs can emerge at any time in the meeting so you have to be alert and patient. Misinterpreting them is a mistake that you cannot afford to make. So practice more, keep an open-minded approach and don’t hesitate to ask for business when you know that the time is right.
January 24, 2011
Offline Marketing, Online Marketing
The integration of the online world with the domain of business has spiraled growth on both sides. The marketing strategies have been touched even more so by the online technology that is now available within the easy reach of every small, medium or large-sized company. The world of Online marketing or I-marketing has a whale of a difference as compared to its offline counterpart. These differences have given way to more economic, quicker & measurable results and smarter campaigning for a business or the products/services it presents for commerce. Let’s take a look at the various points that separate these two.
- With online marketing, the possibilities are endless as there are no geographical, time and political boundaries.
- E-mail marketing is an essential part of the online marketing techniques and is much more effective and prompt in reaching the target base as compared to offline mailing.
- Quicker conversion rates through a simplified channel of online marketing have brought a paradigm shift in the way marketing is done. Saving time as well as human efforts, I-marketing has emerged as a winner.
- The realm of online marketing is decidedly different when it comes to the aspect of cost as well. You can advertise for a longer time and at the right place.
- In terms of targeting the relevant audience and instant interaction with the clients, online marketing is definitely a pull-based model that is more focused and effortless.
- Not just targeting, the segmentation part is also easier and remarkably different in Offline and Online Marketing. On the internet you have several tools at your disposal for tracking and differentiating what each buyer wants.
- Relationship marketing is also handled differently as far as Offline and Online Marketing are concerned. While the former requires you to contact each client separately using more manpower, time and resources; the latter can let you stay in touch with clients with a few clicks.
Flexibility, Speed and Economy take on a new dimension with Online Marketing. While the charm of the offline world is always there, the online tools have emerged as a much better way of doing business today. As the competition gets fiercer, more firms are turning towards Online Marketing and as discussed in the above points, they have the right reasons to do so.
January 20, 2011
For long, classified ads have played a pivotal role in uplifting and prospering many small businesses. Even home based businesses have been benefited quite a lot with the advent of classified ads. Businesses having limited advertising as well as promotional budget can take advantage of the classified ads. The only tricky part of making a classified ad lies in the fact that businesses should know how to use classified ads for marketing their businesses properly. Besides, one should also know how to use a classified ad to sell products effectively.
What Role Classifieds Play In Promotion And How Can They Be Effectively Used?
Firstly, you must understand that classified ads are apt for lead generation and developing a database of prospects. People trying to sell their products or services directly with the help of classified ad make a big mistake by limiting the desired response, which would otherwise have been more. Once this basic fundamental is clear, you crack the secret of business classified ads. So, it is extremely important to create a valuable ad that targets the specific segment of market. This way, you can also get as many leads as possible. Many intelligent entrepreneurs have even used free software to gather big list of opt-in email addresses. The software is quite relevant for the prospects or targeted audience of a particular industry.
There is also a common use of valuable reports that are free of cost. And this report is the only thing that is significant for the targeted market. This is especially done to attract individuals who fit in the customer profile specifically. The main idea behind this is also remaining in constant touch with the client base as many of them in future can become paying customers. This way, smart entrepreneurs use classified ads to transform their business.
January 17, 2011
Today, it has become necessary for a business to have an online presence as a website helps the business to generate leads through this medium. Now you can utilize the reach of internet by generating competent leads for your business growth. For this, one has to simply register the business on the Top B2B Buyers and Suppliers Directories. Nowadays, many of these B2B Directories register your business for free and offer specialized services at a price. Further, there are more advantages that will enable you to secure a completely free online presence and help your business grow beyond national boundaries.
Following benefits can be drawn from these free B2B websites:
- Registration is completely free.
- By filling in accurate information regarding your business, you can acquire many apt enquiries.
- Higher visibility for the Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters.
- Regularly checking for enquiries and keeping your account updated can help you derive maximum benefits.
- Increase in revenue as the existing and the prospective clients can easily access detailed information about the business.
- Improved customer relations through regular interaction and servicing.
- Buyers and Sellers can create communities at the B2B portal’s discussion board.
- Classified catalog allows the company to post important notices in various predefined formats and easy dissemination of important information to the members.
- Helps in getting feedback on time and in strengthening network.
Registering with a B2B portal places you ahead of your competitors and can give your business a significant boost by making you stand apart in the crowd. Moreover, this will not only give exposure to your business in every aspect, but also give you a worldwide reach.