November 29, 2010
What is B2B you may ask? Business to Business, which is also known as e-biz, is the exchange of products, services and information among different businesses. B2B is transaction between different businesses rather than between business and consumers.
Now that you know what B2B means, it will be easier to understand the meaning of B2B portal. A portal, first of all, is a combination of different web pages, services and features. A B2B portal then is a different kind of website, which has special features that help in conducting business online. B2B portal is now a necessity for all businesses and not restricted to a just a few. It is highly beneficial for businesses and their productivity.
Benefits of owning a B2B Portal:
- Increased Revenue Growth: - B2B portals help increase your business revenue. With the help of the portal, you can display your products and services online. Once they are displayed online, you are sure to have visitors on your portal. If different businesses start browsing through your portal, they might be interested in your products and services and may want to create a partnership or undertake trade and transaction activities. You can modify and improve your existing portal by adding new products and services and enhanced features. So, the major benefit of having a B2B portal would be increased sales which will lead to increased revenue.
- Save Processing Costs: - If your B2B portal is incorporated with supply chain management solution, then it helps in reducing the cost of processing orders.
- No Boundary Barriers: - B2B portal is an online portal that has a wide reach as it diminishes boundaries. You can undertake trade activities with businesses which are located across the globe. As you will display your products and services on your portal, businesses located in different parts of the world will be able to see them online.
- No Travel Costs: - As all B2B transactions take place online, there are no traveling costs. You can simply undertake dealings and make negotiations online without having to spend money on traveling.
- No Time Constraints: - B2B portals enable you to communicate with other businesses 24X7 and 365 days a year. You can undertake transactions at any time of the day or night.
- Customer Benefits: - These B2B platforms are highly beneficial to customers. They can directly use the shopping cart option on the portals or contact you and place an order. This convenience and ease of shopping will create goodwill for your business and lead to increased sales and customer loyalty.
- More Leads Less Competition: - Listing your business on other portals may lessen the chances of getting leads owing to extensive competition. Having your own B2B portal allows you to attract the potential customers to your business only.
Having your own B2B portal is now essential for your business as mostly all transactions and trade activities take place online. Creating a B2B portal will enhance your sales and boost the productivity of your business.
November 25, 2010
E-Commerce is an inexpensive way to use a site as a revenue center. A business person can instantly develop his business across the internet by using various e-commerce strategies, which is all about selling your products globally in quick time. Presenting your whole range of products in the online market is the best & cheapest intermediate that helps to reach potential customers and thus, increasing the sales. Implementing e-commerce effectively and smartly is very essential to expand the business in the global market. Thus, for improving the cart abandonment for e-commerce site owners, the following points needs to be considered.
- Choosing E-commerce solution
Make sure that the E-commerce solution which you choose should be data base driven i.e. invest in the best available software.
- Website Updating
Pick up the best template for your website that allow real-time updating and is easy for you to manage.
- Shopping cart
Finding out an efficient shopping cart solution provider is also an important task that is one of the various e-commerce strategies. A shopping cart solution provider should not treat you as just another client but should deeply understand your needs.
- Starting with the website
Make sure that you should introduce the customers with the most basic stuff at the very starting of your website. Other additional features can be added later on after doing away with most basic features
- Targeting your customers
Having a clear idea about the market you deal in and targeting your potential customers is something very essential for promoting your website in order to reach the real consumers.
- Creating an Identity
Standing one step ahead among the vast number of competitors involved in e-commerce is the biggest challenge. Coming up with unbeatable strategies, you should be able to mark a stand and set yourself apart from the rest of the business persons.
- Promotion of the site
To easily promote a website, it is necessary to use promotional activities such as Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing, Pay Per Click Management, Online Banner Advertisement, Social Media Optimization, Online Branding and Affiliate Management etc.
Just creating a website is no solution for increasing your sales and expanding your business. Launching a website will not lead you to success. Continuous efforts are to be made uploading relevant content so that people may have a good reason to visit your site. Thus, e- commerce can make you grow tremendously but only if you apply the above mentioned strategies.
November 22, 2010
B2b Marketing, Website
While designing a website, several factors play an integral role in the website’s performance. In case of both B2B and B2C websites, detailed attention should be given to various aspects. These aspects can assist you to entice customers to return to your site. Some of the factors which often get overlooked in the formulation of website are listed below.
Use of Index.html file
Web servers often display default files in case a browser requests an URL. In certain cases, the server sends a file named index.html or default.html. Therefore, it is a good idea to include an index.html in every index of your website. On the other hand, in case it is absent and the client desires a URL devoid of a filename, the server cannot hurl a file immediately. As the server does not locate index.html, it might send back an error message saying that the file cannot be found or it may send the index message, so that the visitor can observe a catalog of file names stored in that index. Thus, it is necessary to make sure that the foremost page in each directory in the index.html folder makes it possible for visitors to still navigate through your website.
Planning the Basic Structure
Devise the basic configuration of the website design and then try to familiarize with it. In case, you keep mixing things up, you may end up with broken links inside the site. Here, a high-quality authoring agenda will automatically update links when you shift or rename a folder. Therefore structuring of the fundamentals of the web design is significant in order to avoid perplexing the visitors who may currently find a sheet missing, which they have formerly bookmarked.
Addition Of Table Of Content Or Index
Web designing should also make the provision for easy navigation, which will assist the visitors to find their way around. For this purpose, a link holding all the web pages of your business should be structured. Moreover, a table of contents in an alphabetical index can also be systematized and placed.
Adding A Search Page
Again, users can type certain keywords in the search box provided by you and can see a list of all identical pages. Front page can assist you to create a search page rapidly.
Adding A Site Map
A site map makes it easy to navigate and thereby attract your customers to the other pages of your website. This enables easy navigation and thus increases traffic to your website.
In addition to these, another crucial point is that the page headings that sum up the page content should be logically arranged for easy navigation. Thus, above mentioned points must be checked carefully for increasing your website’s performance.
November 18, 2010
E Mail Marketing
In the current times, companies can contact additional customers without spending huge amounts of capital to do it. The primary means of doing it that comes to the fore is the process of telemarketing where small companies can increase their sales pitch by simply using the telephone to call a few people. However, this has given rise to the problem wherein several people have been exploited by various telemarketers. Therefore, an acute need has been felt to find an alternative to telemarketing to contact thousands of individuals at cheap prices in order to drive sales.
The answer to this problem has been found in the method of email marketing. One of the easiest ways to bring in new money these days is email marketing. Email marketing campaigns can assist in business growth for diverse kinds of businesses. In both the cases of selling a physical product in a store or accessing a service over the internet, email marketing campaigns are the perfect means to help you increase revenue.
There Exist Several Advantages Of Email-Marketing Which Includes:
- Email marketing is inexpensive and cost-effective. You can purchase lists or even have other businesses send out mass email campaigns for you.
- Email marketing diminishes the constraints of time and space. An email advertising your product can be sent and accessed anytime, in any part of the world.
- It does not take into account geographical barriers thus saving traveling time. The launch of some new product can just be popularized through this kind of marketing without venturing out in-person to tell about it.
- Email marketing calls for less consumption of human resources. In case of telemarketing, extensive human resource is required for the process. But here mass emails can be sent out simultaneously to inform many individuals at the same time.
- Again emails can be sent repeatedly as part of the campaign without incurring any extra-cost.
Therefore, email marketing is low cost mode of increasing your business sales. The most important aspect that has to be addressed is the correct selection of a target audience. Once this is done, email marketing campaigns can effectively increase your sales pitch with very little efforts.