Owning a small or medium sized business? Harboring a desire to promote it online or finding sources to expand it further? Then B2B E-marketplace is the right place for you. Business 2 Business E-marketplace is basically an online platform where buyers, sellers, manufacturers and suppliers communicate, collaborate and make transactions. B2B E-Marketplace consists of all the major market arrangements as those in off-line marketplace like catalog sales, auctions, clearance of old stocks and bulk discounts. It is the role of an intermediary to set-up and run this marketplace. B2B E-marketplace caters to a large number of companies who want to become a part of the larger platform and undertake business transactions with other companies. The different types of E-Marketplaces are:
- Public E-Marketplace: – This market place is open to the entire public and to all the companies. Anybody can become a member of this marketplace and conduct business and undertake business transactions.
- Private E-Marketplace: – In this marketplace, the membership is restricted and the general public cannot come and conduct business or undertake any business transactions. The owners of the marketplace decide upon the different participants according to standard criteria.
- Horizontal E-Marketplace: – In this type of marketplace, different industries displays large number of variety of products and services.
- Vertical E-Marketplace: - This type of marketplace deals only with one type of products for example furniture.
B2B E-Marketplace has certain benefits and barriers as well. The major benefits are:
- E-Marketplace has reduced the purchasing costs considerably. As a large amount of products are available, it reduces the cost of searching for the buyers.
- E-Marketplace includes regulation and automation of agreement, paying, receiving and ordering processes, which reduce the transaction costs and simplifies the business methods.
- It is an open platform for various companies to find new trade and business partners. It permits many-to-many transactions.
- There are no constraints of time, date and geographical boundaries.
Some of the major drawbacks of B2B E-Marketing are:
- Some companies are unwilling to change their business structure to suit the E-Market requirements. Normal Marketplaces and E-Marketplaces have different market structures and some companies and businesses are not willing to change them.
- There is no personal contact between the buyers and the sellers, which tend to create a certain communication gap and can affect business relations.
B2B E-Marketplace is one simple step to all your business solutions. It is very easy to register on these e-marketplaces and to contact prospective buyers and sellers.